Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Moon OST

Share

Ok forget about the cheesy movie. I know is quite a few months since the movie showed in the cinema. But, one have to admit the soundtracks of the New Moon are good. Same goes with The Twilight OST. Well, it shouldn’t be a surprise at all as both movies music supervisor was Alexandra Patsavas. She is the one who in charge of Grey’s Anatomy, Gossip Girls, The O.C, Private Practice, Boston Public, Mad Men, Roswell and many more American series' music supervisor. You actually can sense her influences in all those movies as she likes to pick indie band music and alternative rock band music to fuse into the drama/movie.

new moon ost

Personally, I do think New Moon OST is one of the best OST of our time. Of course, you can’t compare it to the mammoth Titanic OST. That is way out of league. Anyway, this OST included quite a number of indie-rock heavyweight Death Cab for Cutie, Bon Iver and Grizzly Bear. As for alternative rock band it included Radiohead, Muse, The Killers and Band of Skulls. Need I say more? The former 3 bands were all incredible successful worldwide.

new_moon_jacob_black_poster sure many female fans gaga over this

There was one song in this OST that even after I watched the movie the song still linger in my mind. That’s Possibility by Lykke Li which can be heard at the scene where Bella sits and thinks while months go by. Perhaps, it was the scene that looked so melancholic and when this song started to play the whole scene and the song just standout. Another 2 songs that worth to mention is A White Demon Love Song by The Killers (played at the Credit) and Satellite Heart by Anya Marina (played when Edward send Bella home after the birthday party). It can be said that New Moon OST is much more atmospheric and hushed if compare to The Twilight OST which is much more rock based etc. Paramore , Linkin Park…

Possibility by Lyyke Li (fans video short version)

So tell me when you hear my heart stop,
you're the only one that knows.
Tell me when you hear my silence,
there's a possibility I wouldn't know.


So tell me when my sorrow's over,
you're the reason why I'm closed.
Tell me when you hear me falling,
there's a possibility it wouldn't show.
mmmmm....

Satellite Heart by Anna Marina (fans video short version)

I'm a satellite heart
lost in the dark
I'm spun out so far
you stop, I start
But I'll be true to you

I'm a satellite heart
lost in the dark
I'm spun out so far
you stop I start

But I'll be true to you no matter what you do
Yeah, I'll be true to you

2 comments:

Ken Wooi on February 7, 2010 at 12:13 AM said...

i havent even watched this movie.. hehe.. =)

kenwooi.com

jun on February 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

kenwooi: if u want to watch it be prepare coz is really cheesy! LOLZ!

 

Followers

Melomane Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template