Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Close to Paradise by Patrick Watson

Share

Actually I introduced a song “The Great Escape by Patrick Watson” from this album in my personal blog a year ago. But then well, since it was so long ago and since I just wrote only that song from that album. Well, what the heck. I might just introduce the whole album then. On second thought, I think I also did wrote about “To build a home ( from Cinematic Orchestra)” 

Close To Paradise coverClose to Paradise by Patrick Watson was launched back in 2006. Since then, this album have received a lot of positive criticism from professional reviews and won the Polaris Music Prize in 2007. A Canadian music award to the best album of the year. Yeap, Patrick Watson is truly a talented Canadian. Canada do produced a lot of songbirds don’t you agree. Like Celine Dion, Paul Anka, Avril Lagvine, Shania Twain, Leonard Cohen, Nelly Furtado and so on…

patrick watson

Of course with no doubt that my favourite song from this album is “The Great Escape” (no no not the stefani version) which I intro in my personal blog last time. Other song that are fantastic Actually, I don’t think I can said like that because it would not be fair. The whole album actually bring you to another level the way how you listen to music. Every song in this album is different. Some might causes you to have chill down your spine, slip into the skin (pun intended) Some might made you to be  really depressive. Some just bring you the sense of longing and remind you of your home that you had long forgotten. Some might bring you closer to paradise, ok scratch that. That just a lame joke. eheh…

Track list: Bold were my pick.

  1. "Close to Paradise"
  2. "Daydreamer"
  3. "Slip Into Your Skin"
  4. "Giver"
  5. "Weight of the World"
  6. "The Storm"
  7. "Mr. Tom"
  8. "Luscious Life"
  9. "Drifters"
  10. "Man Under the Sea"
  11. "The Great Escape"
  12. "Sleeping Beauty"
  13. "Bright Shiny Lights"
  14. '”To Build a Home (Cinematic Orchestrate) “ *depends on version I like his cover though.

Look likes, I almost picked all the songs in the album. Oh well, it’s really good!

Ok, “The Great Escape” was featured in Grey’s Anatomy. So, yeah I knew him from this show. Told’ya this show have the greatest soundtrack of all time. I have teary eyes when I watch this episode especially at this particular scene. I’m sentimental :P

And this is the original MV for “The Great Escape” which I strongly recommend to watch. C’est magnifique!

The first time I heard this song, I have chill! So incredible done and he do live so perfectly!

Ok , I know there are a lot of youtube videos in this post but please bear with me. Just let me express how much I love this album and I’m so eager to share it in this blog.

Last one I promise!!!

0 comments:

 

Followers

Melomane Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template