Friday, February 12, 2010

Fly Yellow Moon by Fyfe Dangerfield

Share

Fly Yellow Moon by Fyfe Dangerfield is his first own debut album released on 18th January 2010. Yeah it is a quite new ablum. It should not be confuse with Guillemots to which he belongs to that band. Honestly speaking I have no idea what band it is since this is the first time I heard about this band but apparently it was nominated for BRIT Award. Maybe is time for me to check it out.

Album cover

Anyway back to this album. I don’t exactly get hooked on it the first time when I listen to it. But, it gets better over time. Now, I’m hooked after listening to it for a few time. It is a quality album, no doubt about it. The whole album was done in 5 days flat and all the songs were written and composed by Fyfe Dangerfield Unbelievable! And yet all the lyrics were high qualities.

Pic

The album kick off with the song “When You Walk In the Room”. Blasting out from my speaker as like announcing spring is here. It was a joyous song. And the first few notes of the song is incredible. So going to make it into my ringtone. The upbeat sound of the piano and drum and not to forget the occasional scream of Dangerfield. It was such an uplifting song with lyric ‘no one is pulling me down into the ground’ and chorus ‘i want you endlessly’. How can one not sense his passion in this song?  singer

The single of this album “She Needs Me” pretty much speaks for itself. Apparently, Dangerfield produced this album when he is in love. So, yeah this is a album for those who are intoxicated with the love poison. Valentines is just around the corner folks! So go fall in love. The lyric went like this ‘This is where I want to be; I am yours and you can do what you like with me’ and the chorus ‘she needs me’. Oh yeah, cheesy yet lovely! Now where’s my cupid!?

Another upbeat tracks “Faster Than the Setting Sun” is equally stunning. Though, the lyric is a bit  repetitive but the music of this song manage is really good. One thing though, the opening of this song keep remind me of “Low” from the album X&Y by Coldplay.

Few of the slow pace songs from this album are really good too. “Barricades” sound like “Hallelujah” from Leonard Cohen at the beginning and continues with a really amazing mellow ends. “Firebird” is such a melodic song which almost sound like a lullaby and it ends with the lyric ‘all the world is asleep’ and ‘as long as you’re mine we can conquer light on a bicycle made for two.’ Not forgetting ‘Livewire’ which Dangerfield sings off with such a mildly and pleasant voice accompany by his acoustic guitar.

This is certainly going to be one of the best album for 2010. What a kick start eh!

She needs me by Fyfe Dangerfield

0 comments:

 

Followers

Melomane Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template