Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet Dream by Greg Laswell

Share

Ok, here is another song by Greg Laswell, Sweet Dream from the album Three Flights from Alto Nido. I have been listening to Greg Laswell albums for the past few days and I told myself I have to blog about this song. I need to.


cover


The album Three Flights From Alto Nido is a sickening album from Greg Laswell. Sickening as in sickening good! All the tracks in this album are worth to listen. And this particular song is wicked! Because I was instantly hooked on it when I first heard it and since had been keep on repeating for days. Not to mention this song is extremely short. Just over 1.10 minute long.


At first I thought I was some sort of midi or a demo of a certain song that Laswell couldn’t finish writing it and decided to add it in the album just for fun. But later on I found out that it is not. This song was complete. He himself commented that he tried to write more versus in but can’t because nothing is good enough for the song.

b0730a816ed167a56501206abed98a0c


The lyric is pretty amazing. Short but sweet and heart warming. I can almost feel the warmth of the summer sun in my fluffy bed when I heard the part that sings


“And the morning would be so cruel
When it came
With sunshine and warmth to bring
For announcing the end of my sweet dream
For announcing the end of my sweet dream”


It always gave me this kind of image in my mind that I was fast asleep in my bed and the warmth summer sunlight slip through the curtain and as like the sun is gently kissing me on the cheek. Welcoming a new day in my life as the dandelions were at full blossom.


If I could write out my own dream
For the next time that I sleep
You'd be the first one that I see
And I the last one that you keep
The dream would go on and on
While we sway
Against all things thrown our way
And the morning would be so cruel
When it came
With sunshine and warmth to blame
For announcing the end of my sweet dream
For announcing the end of my sweet dream


Download Sweet Dream.


2 comments:

Rachel on January 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM said...

this artist reminds me of noah and the whale

jun on January 30, 2010 at 4:16 PM said...

rachel: hmm...perhaps i should check that band up.

 

Followers

Melomane Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template