Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Patrol: Up to Now

Share

I first heard of Snow Patrol was when I was watching Grey’s Anatomy and there was this scene where “Chasing Car” was played as the background music. Then after I heard their breakthrough single “Run” which later covered by Leona Lewis. I knew this is one of the band that I’m going to list under my top 5 favourite rock band.


snow patrol


Up to Now is the newest album from Snow Patrol which was released in 6th November 2009. It is a collection of songs that spanning over fifteen years of Snow Patrol music career. With two disc album featuring 30 tracks. However, this is a collection of the band’s most favourite songs over the course of their entire music career, not the greatest hits. Which the lead vocal of Snow Patrol’s Gary Lightbody quoted "Calling it a greatest hits album would be a bit grandiose."


Up To Now


There were actually three new singles released in this album including the forthcoming single “Just say Yes”.

snow-patrol-concert


Personally, I really like the live version of “Run” and “Chasing Car'” in the album. Especially “Run” as it sound more darker, gothic style.

And little did I know that Snow Patrol actually did a cover of Beyonce’s Crazy In Love. I hate to say this but it sound really really weird when Snow Patrol sang this song espeically the part "Uh-o Uh-o”. It remind me of slaughtering chicken. Perhaps, maybe I’m used to the Beyonce version.

Anyway, those who are fans or like of Snow Patrol should really go and get this album as it worth every penny spent.

0 comments:

 

Followers

Melomane Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template