Thursday, April 22, 2010

All the Stars and Boulevard by Augustana

Share
All the Stars and Boulevards is the debut album of Augustana, a Californian piano rock band. This album was released on September 6, 2005. Yeah I know that was ages ago but hey great music do not take time as a measurement for quality.
 
augustana_-_all_the_stars_and_boulevardsjpg
  
Anyway, this is a really good album. If not good then is above average. I guess if I have to label I would label it 3.5/4 out of 5 stars. This is a very very American band. If you like The Fray, Lifehouse or Jack’s Mannequin you probably will like this band too. The songs were really good. If you want some light listening then this is good enough for you to spend a couple bucks to own this cd.

Boston is a great track which is also my personal favourite. I do think most people will agree with me too that this is one of the best song in this album. I know my friends did. It never get old listening to this track. It is about starting over in a place that no one knew you. I can relate to this song very much indeed. I really wish that someday I can leave all things behind and just pack a bag and move to some where no one knew me at all. I guess I’m a escapist by heart.
Augustana  

Anyway, Boston start off with a few notes of piano which is very light and beautiful. And as the song goes by the track start to pick up, climaxing. I got to say this song has one hell of a lyric.

The essential yet appealed
Carry all your thoughts cross an open field
When flowers gaze at you
They’re not the only ones
Who cry when they see you

She said, you don’t know me
You don’t wear my chains

To leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise
I’m tired of the sunset
Here it’s nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice

click play then mute the clip, continue reading after finish can listen to it w/o any lagging

Stars and Boulevards is a great song too. It started off with piano too which sounded really great. And this song is about a guy and a girl that broke up because of how others people told the girl that that guy is not good enough for her. Eventually she left him and went on her own…

The sunrise will come too soon
And you’ll disappear
To the haze of the city and yourself

Look out
They’re coming after us with big guns
They’re only gonna tell you all the bad things I’ve done
Even if the words they say aren’t true,
They’ve won
Now I’m left here dying in the sun

I like Wasteland too. It was sad yet comforting. It sings about life. How the persona life was empty and wasted. Partying and hook up…

And we're nothing more than fools and whores and sad highs
Through the summer sand, we're living in
We're living in a wasteland
Lonely People and Coffee and Cigarettes both were great songs too. Lonely People was raw with emotion. He sings about how he was getting involve with a relationship but actually he was still not over with his previous one. That’s the reason why he seems so distant and sad though he is with her current girlfriend, Holly.
Well Holly, she makes me sad
Forgive me if I look so lonely
Coffee and Cigarettes was a bit mellow and bittersweet. I think it was about the love of the persona was dying with sickness. And all he wanted to do was just spend time together with her.
And I'm sure you've lost that weight again
And I'm sure the pills keeps pouring in
Like smoke that falls, it's caving into you
So put me on a plane and fly me to anywhere
Put me on a plane and fly me to anywhere
Put me on a plane and fly me to anywhere with you
With you
The verdict, I believe this band actually can do much better though this is their debut album but it was pretty impressive. All the Stars and Boulevard is quite a good album and the album seems to pick up in the latter few songs. The lyrics was well written but music wise I was actually looking forward for more piano based tracks since they claim they are a piano rock band but there were like just 3 or 4 songs were piano based. Anyhow this is a great band though I  was a bit disappointed by their sophomore album, Can’t Love, Can’t Hurt. Well, that is another time another day then.

I’m not going to upload this album for download cause the home line is way too slow. Just google ‘all the stars and boulevard by augustana mediafire’ walah! there you go. Just don’t click on the 1st link that shows up cause is password protected.

0 comments:

 

Followers

Melomane Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template